.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

medical emergency

I almost had to check myself into the emergency last month due to heat stroke. My blood pressure was sky high. Since then I have gone to the doctor and my major problem is asthma. I also have high blood pressure and my lipid panel needs improvement. So I have sworn off high sodium foods and will attempt the DASH diet.

The records of my attempt to live naturally have not been kept up to date. I have cheated on the fast food and soda. But because of my health scare I have to commit myself to dropping microwave meals.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in turning your health around. It's not always easy as there is so much out there to lead you astray. But it's worth the effort.

    I don't remember how long I've been on medication for my high blood pressure but it's under better control now. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic 3 years ago and I've been watching my carbs. I rarely add salt to anything but when I do it's usually sea salt and only a touch. I swore off sodas months ago, even diet sodas. I'm working to wean myself from anything microwaved.

    I've found that yoga helps with my blood pressure and helps to keep me mindful of what I eat. You might want to look into it. There are breathing techniques and exercises that can help asthma. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete